Sunday, January 31, 2010

Onigiri and Fruit




Today's bento box was a fun one for me. Onigiri with umeboshi center(furikake in the rice) and nori detail (I used my clover punch to make the nori strip a little more interesting).

On the top is just fruit- a clementine, some cherries, and blueberry "flowers".

I know this one is missing protein- but I'll have a protein shake for breakfast and a nice piece of fish with dinner, so it will balance out. :) I wanted to find some quail eggs, but while I was at the asian market I forgot to look (and it's too snowy outside right now to go anywhere!!)

A nice light lunch! ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Nice job! Great photos of yummy musubi. I like the clover details on the nori. I may need to try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I can't wait until cherries come back in to season and we can eat them in mass quantities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The simple bentos are my favorite! This one looks great and I'm sure it will taste wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete