Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mystery Solved.

Well, I have discovered what the egg pieces were in my Bento Box at Mitsuwa!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Tamagoyaki (also called tamago or dashimaki, literally 'grilled egg') is a type of Japanese omelette, which is made by rolling together several layers of cooked egg. These usually are prepared in a rectangular omelette pan called a makiyakinabe.

It is served as a Japanese breakfast dish, and often included in bento boxes as well as being a popular sushi topping. There are several types of tamagoyaki, both sweet and savory.

It became popular in more modern times and is commonly used for breakfasts or lunches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cool huh? I think I might invest in a few Japanese cookbooks.


1 comment:

  1. I love Tamagoyaki! You should try to make them by yourself ;) It's easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete